After some trial and error and some lucky finds in my garage, I can now give advice on how to turn a cookie sheet into a cute magnet board.
Follow these steps:
1. Spray a good coat of spray primer on one side, let it dry, then spray on the other side and let it dry.
2. Spray one side with any color spray paint, let it dry, repeat on other side. You don’t need to paint the part that will be covered by paper.
3. Cut scrabook paper to fit an grab a bottle of Mod Podge.
4. Optional Step: Lightly spray the scrapbook paper with clear acrylic spray. This will help eliminate some bubbles.
4. Spread a thin layer of Mod Podge on the surface of the cookie sheet. Then spread a thin layer of Mod Podge on the scrapbook paper. Then attach it, and smooth it down as much as possible. If you’re really anal, use makeup sponges to spread the Mod Podge. The Internet says this will give a smoother finish. I didn’t do this.)
5. Cover the top of the paper with Mod Podge AND cover all of the paint with Mod Podge! This doesn’t look quite as cute but makes it much more durable, which is necessary in a classroom! NOTE: You will see bubbles and creases. Don’t freak out!! Most of them go away while it is drying! Put the cookie sheet in the garage to dry and don’t look at it while it’s drying because you’ll just freak out about all the bubbles. Most of them really will go away, I promise!
6. Spread Mod Podge over the paint on the back of the cookie sheets too. Let dry.
Conclusion: It’s a lot of work. I don’t know if it’s worth it but it’s done now!
Here they are: