I attempted 2 crafts today. One was a fail. I think the other is kind of a success.
Craft 1 was based on something like this from Pinterest:
I do plan on doing something like this with my clipboards, which are covered in 4th grade graffiti. But the clipboards are buried in a box somewhere (probably in my new classroom), so I decided to try something similar with the cookie sheets that I use as magnet boards.
EDIT: I found the Pinterest link to the cute cookie sheet magnet board. Here’s the inspiration pic:
First, I spray painted the back and part of the front. FYI, Krylon works better than Rustoleum and dries far faster. It covers well, but is easy to scratch off. I got a spray enamel to use after I’m done, which hopefully will make it a little stronger. However, I might end up having to use spray primer before the spray paint.
Here’s what it looked like with the spray paint:
The middle didn’t need to be totally painted because I was going to cover it in paper. I tested a magnet to see if it would work through the paper, and it worked great. Here’s what it should look like with the paper:
I used a spray adhesive on the paper and on the cookie sheet. Here’s what it looked like after I put the paper down and tried to re-position it to be straight:
A new layer of spray paint is drying right now. I’ll re-attempt this later.
Craft 2 was a bit better. I saw this done on a blog somewhere. Basically you just cover a binder in fabric to make it look pretty. I used spray adhesive. It looks ok, but I’m not sure it’s going to stay adhered. We’ll see.